Meditation & Mindfulness
Train Your Mind
Taught in the ‘Vipassana’ tradition.
It’s philosophy asks the sitting practitioner,
NOT TO DO ANYTHING But OBSERVE whatever arises from moment to moment……
As it really is, With An attitude of
It is a practice of STRESS MANAGEMENT and gives the opportunity for personal TRANSFORMATION.
The work of Meditation & Mindfullness is to guide you in the assessment of how your mind is working for you or against you . It provides a training in the harnessing of a strong, effective heart and mind.
Train Your Mind
MINDFULNESS BASED STRESS REDUCTION PROGRAMME
Info programme details, cost & schedule
8 Week Course
TRAIN YOUR MIND
- Develop a disciplined practice in meditation and apply its skills to a mindful approach to living.
Week 1: Monday 17th March 2014
RECOGNISING THE PRESENT MOMENT
- Interrupt your ‘automatic pilot’
- Slow down and pay attention to your immediate experience
- Use body sensations as an anchor in the present moment
- Move from ‘doing’ into ‘being’ mode
- Notice the flow of thoughts, feelings and sensations that arise in the present moment.
Week 2: Monday March 24th, 2014
ENGAGING WITH THE BREATH
- Use the breath as a way to anchor yourself in the present
- Use the breath as a way of recognizing emotional states
- Cultivate a sitting practice using the breath
- Use hearing/listening to centre yourself and anchor yourself in the present
- Honor and accept all of your experiences and not just the ‘good’ bits.
- Cultivate curiosity about your experiences, no matter what they are.
Week 3: Monday March 31st, 2014
PRACTISE WITH ACCEPTANCE
- Practice patience and acceptance of yourself
- Explore moving practice
- Come back to the present moment again and again
- Use movement practice to explore limits, and cultivate strength and flexibility of mind and body.
Week 4: Monday April 7th, 2014
STRESS AND THE FLOW OF EMOTIONS
- Learn more about stress reactivity and emotions Explore emotions in a creative and accepting way
- Use metaphors to work effectively with strong emotions
- Use the bodily sensations of emotions as a way to ground in the present moment
- Recognize and interrupt the thoughts which are associated with painful emotions Use the breath as a way of coping with intense emotions
Week 5: Monday April 14th,2014
STRESS AND THOUGHTS
- Remember that thoughts are not facts
- Explore the process of thinking and get some perspective on your thoughts
- Recognize unhelpful patterns of thinking
- Interrupt ruminative thoughts with focus on the breath and sensations
- Use metaphor as a creative way to interrupt difficult patterns of thinking
- Oscillate between ‘thinking’ and experiencing the present moment
- Effectively label thoughts in order to make space between ‘you’ and your thoughts.
Week 6: Monday April, 28th, 2014
- Pay detailed attention to the ‘other’
- Listen and see others in more flexible and accepting ways
- Use mindful contemplation as a way of cultivating acceptance and compassion for yourself and others
- Use mindfulness practice as a way of preparing for conversation with others
- Explore patterns of relating through mindfulness
- Day of MINDFULNESS Sunday May, 18th, 2014 7am to 11am
- Week 7: Monday May. 5th,2014
LIVING ON PURPOSE
- Integrate what you have been learning into daily life
- Reflect on some options about caring for yourself and making choices in your life
Week 8: Monday May 12th, 2014
MAKING MINDFULNESS A PART OF YOUR LIFE
- Explore what you have achieved through the practice
- Recognize that living mindfully is a process of ongoing practice
- Explore choices about continuing to support this practice in your life.
Full course cost $495.00
PRACTISE CDs and manual included to complement the programme EARLY BIRD FEES APPLY if paid 3 weeks prior to commencement
To book or for further enquiry call
DEENA THOMPSON 0438811117
Classes are limited in number
Held at 38 Burleigh Avenue,
CARINGBAH 7pm to 9pm.
THIS PROGRAMME WILL ALSO RUN IN June/July and September/October, 2014